03/02/2021

What a child needs to hear



°°° What an angry child needs to hear:
- I am here
- I see this is hard for you
- How does your body feel right now?
- It is ok to feel angry
- I will keep you safe

°°° What a sad child needs to hear:
- I am here
- It is ok to feel sad
- Would you like to talk about what is making you sad?
- It is ok to cry. Would you like a cuddle?
- I feel sad sometimes too

°°° What an anxious child needs to hear:
- I am here
- It is ok to feel like this
- How does your body feel right now?
- You can tell me
- Shall we come up with a plan together?

°°° What a disappointed child needs to hear:
- I am here
- It is ok to feel really disappointed
- It is hard when things don't turn out like we thought they would
- I hear you
- Sometimes things do feel unfair

When you keep criticizing your kids, they don't stop loving you,...
they stop loving themselves.





Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Anastha Aurora
Maira Gall